On this page, you will find examples of what you can do with the child theme that you created with the WordPress child theme generator.
From Highlights, to background images, to hover affects for images and buttons. Your WordPress Child theme will allow you to customize your site in many ways that would not otherwise be possible.
To learn how to create anyone of these customizations watch the my WordPress Child Theme Generator Video Series.
1. Create a Red Border around any element that you want to stand out from the text.
You can make the Red Border surround any element that you want.
2. Highlight some text with as you would highlight with a highlighter pen.
You can highlight just a couple of words or you can highlight an entire section of content.
3. You can also change the color of the background to any color that you like. This can be done with just a few words by using the span tag or it can be done to an entire paragraph. If you want a particular section of text to stand out, for instance a quote, then this could potentially be a good customization affect. Just for fun, let’s put a red border around this also.
4. You can also change the color of the text. You can do this for a single word or you can change it to any length of text.
5. You can customize images to make them look a little better. With this customizaton, you can place a black border around an image. This customization also places some padding between any words that are located around the image so that the text does not butt up right against the image. You can customize images to make them look a little better. With this customizaton, you can place a black border around an image. This customization also places some padding between any words that are located around the image so that the text does not butt up right against the image.
6. You can use this customization to center text.
7. You can create some text with a border around it that will make it look like a button that you can click. When you hover over the button, it changes color. Enter Here
8. If you look in the upper right had corner of this web page, just to the right of Example #1, you will see an image that I placed there using this special customized code. This custom code allows you to place an image anywhere you want on a web page.
9. As you can see in the back ground of this paragraph is an image. Using this customized code found within your WordPress child theme, you can ad an image to the background of any element on a web page. Putting a partially transparent image in the background of some text can create some great affects and can add a lot to the feel of a webpage.
10. When you add this customizaton to any element, it will make the element appear partially transparent when hovered over. This makes a nice effect for images that are used as text links like the image here. Hover over the image and see what happens.